Terms and Conditions
COVID 19 Operating Procedures
We are operating in line with DEFRA’s guidelines for cattery boarding regarding COVID 19.If you or any member of your household are experiencing COVID 19 symptoms please do not come to the cattery but do get in touch with us via email or telephone.
We want to make sure that we provide the safest environment for your cats when they stay with us. For this reason, we ask just a few things from you:
- Please transport your cat to us in a secure, escape-proof carrier, which we will store during your pet’s stay. If your cat is prone to travel accidents, and many are so please don’t worry, do line the carrier with newspaper to make the clean up easier for us.
- We ask that cats have been inoculated against cat flu, enteritis and preferably feline leukaemia within the last 12 months. It’s essential that you provide the inoculation certificate on arrival, as this is part of our licensing conditions, and we cannot board any cats without it. Cats and kittens that are having their first set of injections need to have both vaccinations before boarding and also allow for the manufacturers recommended time frame for the vaccine to become effective. This is usually 14 days and we strongly advise you to check the time frame with your vet.
- No refund will be given for cats that do not have the correct vaccinations.
- Please do share your cat’s medical history with us. It helps us to provide the best care possible for them.
- No cats suffering from or suspected to be suffering from an infectious or contagious disease will be accepted.
- Every effort is made to keep Claremont flea and worm free. Please ensure that your cat is up to date with a veterinary prescribed flea treatment. Over the counter or internet purchased products are not acceptable for boarding due to their low success rate. If your cat is found to have fleas or worms whilst boarding with us this will incur a £20 charge from the cattery for a deep chalet clean, as well as the treatment costs. Permission for treatment is granted by agreeing to these terms and conditions but we will endeavour to contact you or your vet before treating your cat.
- We regret that we cannot accept un-neutered cats over the age of six months.
- If your cat is found to have fleas or worms whilst boarding with us you will incur a £20 charge from the cattery for treatment and a deep chalet clean. Permission for treatment is granted by agreeing to these terms and conditions but we will endeavour to contact you or your vet before treating your cat.
- At peak times we may need to place your cat in a holding pen whilst we prepare the chalet between runs.
- Cats from the same family will be boarded together unless you request seperate chalets. We reserve the right to separate cats from the same family if we deem it necessary and to change your cats chalet should we find that it is not suitable for their needs. If cats from the same family need to be separated and a further chalet is required, the cost of the extra chalet will apply.
- We will provide suitable toys and enrichment for your cat during their stay, such as puzzle feeders, cat nip toys and cardboard boxes.You are also welcome to bring your own but please do not bring anything that represents a choking hazard, such as hairbands. Please inform us in writing if you would prefer your cat not to have access to the cattery provision.
- It goes without saying that we will take every care with your animals but you do leave your pets with us at your own risk. By accepting these terms you are authorising us to call a vet on your behalf should we consider it necessary. We have an excellent relationship with our local vets in the rare cases that visits are needed. A visit to the vet will incur a £10 administration charge and the cost of the treatment will be at the owner’s expense.
Our opening times are seasonal and vary so please, please check them on our website before you drop-off/collect your cat so that there are no misunderstandings. We can’t stress this enough! Our opening times are:
Monday-Friday: 10am-12pm and 5-7pm (We are closed in the evenings in the winter months from the end of October half term to the beginning of February half term)
Saturdays: 10am-12pm Sundays: CLOSED
Bank Holidays: CLOSED
Please inform us prior to your cat’s arrival date whether you plan to drop your pet off in the morning or the evening on the date of your cat’s arrival, if applicable. We would appreciate it if you arrived 15 minutes before our closing time to allow us to give your cat the care and attention it needs. Out of hours drop off and collection are at the discretion of the owner and will be subject to a £50 charge.
Claremont Cattery is also our home and we have neighbours that we want to stay friendly with. As such, we’d very much appreciate it if you could park considerately and not idle your engine. When possible, please park in the paved area in front of the house even if other cars are already there. Do not park on or over the shared driveway. To reach the cattery walk down the adjacent shared driveway to the bottom of the garden. We’ll be delighted to welcome you at reception. If for any reason the gate is closed please ring the doorbell and someone will attend to you as soon as possible. We do not answer the doorbell outside of our opening hours.
Food, insurance, heat and VAT are included in the daily rate, inclusive of the days your cat arrives and leaves. If you choose to supply food for your cats that’s absolutely fine but please note that we’re unable to offer a reduction in our charges accordingly. The minimum fee for any booking is equivalent to a three-day stay. A booking that includes Christmas or Easter break will be subject to a surcharge of £25. Prices for bookings starting on or after 1 January 2022 will be subject to change.
We require a non-refundable and non-transferable administration deposit of £25 per cat at the time of booking. We will then confirm your booking by e-mail showing the balance due. This balance must be paid by cheque or cash on arrival or internet banking cleared in time for your arrival – I’m afraid we don’t accept credit card payments. When the deposit is paid and your booking is confirmed you are agreeing to be bound by Claremont Cattery’s Terms and Conditions of boarding.
Cancellations and amendments
We’ll always do our best to accommodate a change in circumstances, we know things happen. However, if you cancel or shorten the stay less than seven full working days before the start day of your cat’s visit then you are liable for payment of the value of the entire booking. Please inform us in writing either by email or post that you wish to cancel. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
We can usually extend the stay, but please be aware that this may not be possible at certain busy times of the year, such as Christmas.
In the event of an animal not being collected within 7 days of the departure date, we will try to trace/communicate with the owner/emergency contact before proceeding with legal action. If the owner/emergency contact does not make suitable arrangements for the cat to be collected and fees paid, then Claremont Cattery reserves the right to seek veterinary assistance / re-homing of the cat.
The following data is kept on file for each client; name, address, contact number, email address, veterinary clinic and pet details.
We do not store payment details.
We do not share your data with any third party nor do we use it for marketing purposes. We will only contact you regarding your booking.
The data is held securely in our online booking system. Information regarding yourself and your cat is displayed on the chalet door during your stay. This is vital in case we need to contact you in case of an emergency. Once your cats stay has finished this document is shredded.
We have CCTV cameras on site as a safety measure to ensure your cats are protected as much as possible during their stay. We use the Ring system which stores recorded data. We are registered with the ICO for CCTV use.
We use photos of your cats on our social media platforms. We may share the cat’s name but never client information. If you would prefer us not to show pictures of your cat on social media, please let us know.