Terms and Conditions
COVID 19 Operating Procedures
We are operating in line with DEFRA’s guidelines for cattery boarding regarding COVID 19.If you or any member of your household are experiencing COVID 19 symptoms please do not come to the cattery but do get in touch with us via email or telephone.
Please contact us in advance to let us know what time you plan to drop off/collect your cat.
To keep handover as contact free as possible please settle via online banking before arrival and send us a digital copy of your cats vaccination records.
Thank you for helping to keep our family and staff safe during these challenging times.
We want to make sure that we provide the safest environment for your cats when they stay with us. For this reason, we ask just a few things from you:
- Please transport your cat to us in a secure, escape-proof carrier, which we will store during your pet’s stay.
- We ask that cats have been inoculated against cat flu, enteritis and preferably feline leukaemia within the last 12 months. It’s essential that you provide the inoculation certificate on arrival, as this is part of our licensing conditions, and we cannot board any cats without it. Cats and kittens that are having their first set of injections need to have both vaccinations before boarding and also allow for the manufacturers recommended time frame for the vaccine to become effective. This is usually between 7-14 days and we strongly advise you to check the time frame with your vet.
- No refund will be given for cats that do not have the correct vaccinations.
- Please do share your cat’s medical history with us. It helps us to provide the best care possible for them.
- No cats suffering from or suspected to be suffering from an infectious or contagious disease will be accepted.
- Every effort is made to keep Claremont flea and worm free. Please ensure that your cat is up to date with a veterinary prescribed flea treatment. If your cat is found to have fleas or worms whilst boarding with us they will be taken to the vet for treatment as we are unable to administer it. This will incur a £20 charge from the cattery for transport and a deep chalet clean, as well as the veterinary costs. If the fleas are particularly bad we will administer Capstar, an oral treatment that kills live fleas. Permission for this is granted if you sign the consent form. There will also be a £10 charge for Capstar treatment.
- We regret that we cannot accept un-neutered cats over the age of six months.
- We reserve the right to separate cats from the same family if we deem it necessary and to change your cat’s chalet should we find that it is not suitable for their needs. If cats from the same family need to be separated and a further chalet is required, the cost of the extra chalet will apply
It goes without saying that we will take every care with your animals but you do leave your pets with us at your own risk. By accepting these terms you are authorising us to call a vet on your behalf should we consider it necessary. We have an excellent relationship with our local vets in the rare cases that visits are needed. A visit to the vet will incur a £10 administration charge and the cost of the treatment will be at the owner’s expense
Our opening times are seasonal and can vary so please, please check them on our website before you drop-off/collect your cat so that there are no misunderstandings. We can’t stress this enough! Our opening times are:
Monday-Friday: 10am-12pm and 5-7pm (We are closed in the evenings in the winter months from the end of October half term to the beginning of February half term)
Saturdays: 10am-12pm Sundays: CLOSED
Please inform us prior to your cat’s arrival date whether you plan to drop your pet off in the morning or the evening on the date of your cat’s arrival, if applicable. We would appreciate it if you arrived 15 minutes before our closing time to allow us to give your cat the care and attention it needs. Out of hours drop off and collection are at the discretion of the owner and will be subject to a £50 charge.
Claremont Cattery is also our home and we have neighbours that we want to stay friendly with. As such, we’d very much appreciate it if you could park considerately and not idle your engine. When possible, please park in the paved area in front of the house even if other cars are already there. Do not park on or over the shared driveway. To reach the cattery walk down the adjacent shared driveway to the bottom of the garden. We’ll be delighted to welcome you at reception. If for any reason the gate is closed please ring the doorbell and someone will attend to you as soon as possible. We do not answer the doorbell outside of our opening hours.
Food, insurance, heat and VAT are included in the daily rate, inclusive of the days your cat arrives and leaves. If you choose to supply food for your cats that’s absolutely fine but please note that we’re unable to offer a reduction in our charges accordingly. The minimum fee for any booking is equivalent to a three-day stay. A booking that includes Christmas or Easter break will be subject to a surcharge of £25. Prices for bookings starting on or after 1 January 2022 will be subject to change.
We require a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit of £25 per cat at the time of booking. We will then confirm your booking by e-mail showing the balance due. This balance must be paid by cheque or cash on arrival or internet banking cleared in time for your arrival – I’m afraid we don’t accept credit card payments. When the deposit is paid and your booking is confirmed you are agreeing to be bound by Claremont Cattery’s Terms and Conditions of boarding.
Cancellations and amendments
We’ll always do our best to accommodate a change in circumstances, we know things happen. However, if you cancel or shorten the stay less than seven full working days before the start day of your cat’s visit then you are liable for payment of the value of the entire booking. Please inform us in writing either by email or post that you wish to cancel. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
We can usually extend the stay, but please be aware that this may not be possible at certain busy times of the year such as Christmas.
In the event of an animal not being collected within 7 days of the departure date, we will try to trace/communicate with the owner/emergency contact before proceeding with legal action. If the owner/emergency contact does not make suitable arrangements for the cat to be collected and fees paid, then Claremont Cattery reserves the right to seek veterinary assistance / re-homing of the cat.
The following data is kept on file for each client; name, address, contact number, email address, veterinary clinic and pet details.
We do not store payment details.
We do not share your data with any third party nor do we use it for marketing purposes. We will only contact you regarding your booking.
The data is held securely in our online booking system. Information regarding yourself and your cat is displayed on the chalet door during your stay. This is vital in case we need to contact you in case of an emergency. Once your cats stay has finished this document is shredded.
We have CCTV cameras on site as a safety measure to ensure your cats are protected as much as possible during their stay. We use the Ring system which stores recorded data. We are registered with the ICO for CCTV use.
Our consent form for your cat’s stay also includes a section for the use of photographs on our website and social media. We only use the cat’s name and do not ‘tag’ people in our posts.